Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Truly I Know You!

I shudder to think I could hear Christ say, "Depart from Me, I know you not!" He didn't say; "You don't have enough faith," or "You didn't believe in Me." In Matthew 7 the Many remind Him that in His name they prophesied, cast out demons, performed many miracles. In Luke 13 the Many protest by saying; "We ate and drank in your presence; you taught in our streets!" He tells them "I never knew you... I do not know where you are from." The foolish virgins of Matthew 25 come unprepared and have to leave to buy oil. When they finally arrive at the wedding celebration He won't let them in and says; "Truly I say to you, I do not know you." So if doing all these things isn't knowing Him what is? I know faith without works is dead; so it's not going to work if I become so heavenly minded I'm no earthly good. How will He know me? It can't be just because of what I've done in His name, that I ate and drank with Him or was even invited to the wedding. The end of Matthew 25 gives me the answer I'm looking for; He will know me because when I saw He was hungry I fed Him, when He was thirsty gave Him something to drink, invited Him in when He was a stranger, clothed Him when naked and when He was sick visited Him. But the thing is I won't know I've done unto Him. If I'm rising to defend myself with "I did thus and so in your Name" then He doesn't know me. Because I respond with "but when did I ..." then He knows me. As a result the gate to the Wedding is thrown open when I arrive, His arms spread wide as He welcomes me with, "Truly, I know you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment