Sunday, March 25, 2018

Mystery

I like a good mystery novel.  If I want to read pure fluff my go to is Janet Evanovich.  Something with a bit more substance, but not too much, I'll read David Baldacchi.  I'm always entertained and escape into another world for a few hours.  Rarely do I regret or think it was a waste of my time.  On our recent trip through the lower 48 states I enjoyed taking pictures of long straight stretches out the windshield.  Even though we knew our destination it was a mystery of what truly lay before us on our adventure.  This picture was approaching Death Valley, California.  There was an unique beauty we had not expected in such a desolate looking and sounding place.

Death is a mystery.  Christ gave His life to solve this ultimate mystery.  By faith we accept death will not be eternal but the means to eternity.  Because we have so little information to go on deaths path may appear as desolate as this road to Death Valley.  Not knowing what lies at the end of this road keeps many from attempting to solve this eternal mystery.  Or we assume it's not worth solving because the name is daunting.  After all a valley called death? Yet if we make that choice the beautiful mysterious adventure that awaits is well worth chosing 
Death's Valley.  

No comments:

Post a Comment