Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Gift

Webster defines a gift as "something given to show friendship, affection, support, etc." When I think of the gift of the Holy Spirit I'm reminded what a gentleman he is. He gently comes into my life the personification of God's friendship, Jesus said "I call you friends." He woo's me by calling me the beloved showing me great affection with hesed, kind love, the manifestation of "God is love." Then when I am weak He is strong through the support He gives me because he promised to "never leave nor forsake me." Every good and perfect gift is from above; for what kind of father would He be to give a stone when the Spirit is needed. I must remember I'm not entitled to the Spirit as with an inheritance, but I'm privilaged to receive Him as a precious gift. Because it's a privialge I must make no demands that would grieve or quench him. So today I receive the beauty of God's Love wrapped in the person of the Holy Spirit so that I may be love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control in a fallen world. I love you Holy Spirit!

1 comment:

  1. "...the personification of God's friendship..." and "...the beauty of God's Love wrapped in the person of the Holy Spirit..."

    Oh, you've let us all peek at a love letter. Thank you! I have not thought of the Holy Spirit as the personification of God's friendship, but I will from now on. He is the Befriending God, isn't He? -K

    ReplyDelete